Hospice of the Central Peninsula is hiring for a part-time, temporary Grant Writing position. In addition to researching and writing grants, employee will support office staff in daily office activities, and help bereavement coordinator in preparation and conducting camp. Hours will be mainly Monday – Thursday, 10am-4pm with slight variances due to trainings and camp. Employee must be able to pass a background check.
Grant Writing Job Description
Job Title: Grant Writer
Location: Soldotna office with some travel in the communities served by Hospice
Hours: Up to 24 hours a week
Monday-Thursday, June 26-December 25, 2021
Pay: $15+ DOE
Hospice of the Central Peninsula care involves a team of staff and trained volunteers in an approach tailored to help patient and families manage end of life illness and bereavement. This position is grant funded.
• 1+ years grant writing experience
• Strong communication skills, and ability to interact with individuals in stressful situations
• Willingness to work as part of a team
• Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of relevant software such as MS Office, Canva, Outlook, Search Engines, etc.
• Understanding of confidentiality and its importance in a small community
• Willingness to attend available trainings
• Flexibility in hours and schedules
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Background check and fingerprints are required
• Experience with children/youth camps
• Experience with receptionist duties
• Researching, writing, and applying for available grants
• Clerical support to including answering phones, directing calls, greeting public, and organizing files
• Support the community loan closet by assisting with inventory management, checking equipment in/out, cleaning, and storage of equipment
• Assist Administrative Assistant with office work as needed.
• Directly assist bereavement coordinator in preparation and participation for Camp Mend-A-Heart which entails organizing materials, tracking campers, setting up camp files, supplies and assistance with overall camp operations as needed
• Will need to attend and complete volunteer training in October